[peel] Re: More Old Playlists 1968-69

John Bravin john.bravin@...
Thu Nov 12 21:07:06 CET 2009

Thanks for the Medicine Head link.  The 1970 session is a recording of
appalling quality and arguably the better for it.  Recorded via a
microphone close to a radio - you can hear someone cracking walnuts (or
similar) at one point. I am constantly amazed how these early sessions
are just a few years before punk and yet they seem a lifetime away
compared to the evolutions in music in the 30 years since punk.

'One and One is One' is another track to add to the (growing) list of
John's favourite records of all time.