Hello (.. and can someone summarise the status of the FF archive)

Stuart stuartb@...
Sun Nov 8 20:46:02 CET 2009

Hi Alan

I don't know if you've found your way round all the nooks and crannies
of the Wiki yet, but if you go to the Calendar menu and pick a year
you'll get to a page like http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/1983
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/1983>  and there it is possible to see what
shows have already been shared for that year. Clicking on the show will
then take you to a track listing (if someone has bothered to create one)
as well as a download link. Then you will be able to see which of your
shows are unique to yourself and as yet unshared (hint hint) :)

Stuart

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "brockleyal" <brockleyal@...> wrote:

> I used to do a long commute in the 80's and I taped Peel on a C120
every night to listen to next day. Luckily I had a timer and a cassette
deck that reversed the tape automatically !

> Of course my great regret is that I didn't keep every one. However, I
did preserve about 35 favourite shows. I also have things like his top
10 (1984 with Andy Peebles ? I'd need to relisten to check), desert
island discs etc..

> I also have a few video bits around. eg. This Is Your Life. Are these
widely available ?

> Alan ..
>

> --- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "Stuart" stuartb@ wrote:
> >
> > Hi Alan and welcome.
> >
> > did you say archive? (gets excited) Just wondering how extensive
that is, is it just F50s, mixtapes or entire shows you have? There
aren't many complete shows available online in the 1980s. I do hope you
lose your possessiveness!

> > I've uploaded the odd complete show but most of my archive is in the
form of mixtapes without introductions. Nevertheless I do intend to get
round to uploading them and try to work out from what shows they were
recorded.

> > Stuart
> >
> > --- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "brockleyal" <brockleyal@> wrote:
> > >
> > >snip
> > > I have to admit I've always been quite possessive with my own John
Peel archive. >