any interest in an early nineties cassette collection?

thinkingthinkingthinking slo.coche@...
Wed May 6 19:42:56 CEST 2009

It's all a bit of a maze for the uninitiated. If I can work out how to contribute without messing anything up, then I'll have a go.

On copyright, I hear the Swedish Pirate Party membership is growing very fast, and that they are likely to get a seat in the European Parliament. I wonder how much potential there is for this movement to grow in other countries. The UK party seems to be non-existent at the moment.

If a UK or international Pirate Party gains enough of a political base on the back of the Swedish success, then perhaps it would be worthwhile to give it some support. Sensible changes in copyright laws could perhaps allow the data in this project to be consolidated onto a single server, which would allow a fully functional relational database to be constructed without the risk of it becoming outdated as links go bad, etc.

Of course, it's best to go on with what is happening now as long as the laws stay stupid, but if there is a chance of copyright liberalisation, then it may be worth supporting the movement and thinking about how to make the best of the potential opportunities.