[peel] Orange Juice sessions

Dave Driscoll ddriscoll@...
Mon Mar 23 20:47:42 CET 2009

I taped the session ..... I have Dicker Skinner comparing .. I believe effectively it was recorded for the Mike Read slot but by the time of airing the Mike Read slot had become the Dickie Skinner slot

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: robf
  To: peel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 6:48 PM
  Subject: [peel] Orange Juice sessions

  Not wholly Peel-related but someone may know (possibly Ken...actually most likely Ken) - but the Orange Juice Peel Sessions have been released over the years, albeit with the tracks spread over a couple of different albums, yet there is allegedly a Mike Read session that was also released.

  Nowhere on the CD's does it say it was for Mike Read, but in Ken's original sessions book it's listed as such - YET according to the date (rec. 9 Jan 1981 broadcast 19 Jan 1981) that would be after Mike Read left the evening slot. I think he started the breakfast show from the start of Jan 1981 so who would have done the Evening Session in January 1981?