Help Needed Identifying Peel Tracks From 1968/69

saipanda saipanda@...
Sun Mar 1 15:20:09 CET 2009

Hi Ken,

The links for the alternative mp3 versions of Tracks 3 and Tracks 4 that were uploaded by
someone the other day are up on the Wiki, think:

http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/03_November_1968

Thanks again for your help with these.

Cheers,

Steve W

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "ken garner" <ken_garner@...> wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Steve W
> >

> > --- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "ken garner" <ken_garner@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I spent some time this evening going through my dog eared old print outs of every
> Top
> > > Gear PasB from March 68 to March 69, twice, and have eventually worked out what's
> > > going on with these extracts, I think. And I think you're all going to like the answer.
> > >
> > > What we've got here is different extracts from the same shows, on different tapes
> > >
> > > This suggest two possibilities to me: one, that Andy you've recently edited the files
> > > together from fragments from other tapes; or secondly, and more likely (and
> excitingly),
> > > our unknown original taper taped fragments of the same show on different tapes -
> > which
> > > means the tapes you still have to give us could well also fill out more sections of
other
> > > shows you've given us.
> > >
> > > Here are the details on the files posted today / yesterday and how they connect to
> your
> > > other tapes:
> > >
> > > TRACKS 3 is constituted by 4 songs from early in the show of 27/10/68; followed
by 2
> > > songs from early in the show of 3/11/68, the following week.
> > >
> > > TRACKS 3:
> > > Sunday 27 October 1968
> > > Top Gear
> > > Radio 1
> > > 3-5pm
> > > with John Peel
> > > produced by Bernie Andrews
> > >
> > > [omitted: Top gear (sig, Joe Moretti Group)
> > > [omitted: Family – Second Generation Woman (single)
> > > {omitted: Taste – Dual Carriageway Pain (session)]
> > > TAPE (TRACKS 3) begins
> > > Pretty Things – Private Sorrow (single)
> > > [omitted: David Ackles – Down River (session)]
> > > Jeff Beck Group – You Shook Me (single)
> > > Blossom Toes – Wait A Minute (session)
> > > The Doors – Yes, The River Knows (LP Waiting for the Sun)
> > > END TAPE [TRACKS 3 edits to other material]
> > > [omitted: Brian Auger Trinity – Old Jim Crow (session)]
> > > THEN JUMP TO PREVIOUSLY AVAILABLE AND DOCUMENTED FILE, starting with Taste
–
> > > Norman Invasion (session)
> > >
> > > ~
> > >
> > > TRACKS 3 continues with

> > > Top Gear
> > > Sunday 3 November 1968
> > > 4 tracks in

> > > The Fugs – Crystal Liason (single)
> > > [omitted: Pentangle – Sovay (session)]
> > > Nazz – Open My Eyes (single)
> > > TRACKS 3 ends.
> > >
> > > Jump to...
> > >
> > > ~
> > >
> > > TRACKS 4

> > > Next track (after Nazz, above) in show of 3/11/68 is Jeff Beck Group session
version
> of
> > > You Shook Me, and show continues from there as follows

> > > Tyrannosaurus Rex – Eastern Spell (LP Prophets
 etc)
> > > Love Sculpture – The Rebel (session)
> > > Deviants – You Got To Hold On (single)
> > > [omitted: Duster Bennett – I'm gonna Wind Up
 etc (session)]