[peel] Re: Siouxsie was Peel 20041020

rockerq@... rockerq@...
Tue Jan 20 23:46:39 CET 2009

> <<If you've got the Underworld 'take over' show from the night before,
> that would be great as well - the good-quality copy previously
> circulated missed the last 20 mins. The Underworld show also has a
> brilliant, varied tracklist... brill>>

I think I do - will check it out!

Rocker

PS the Siouxsie show is currently uploading to my idisk - will take a couple
of hours probably - the two mp3s are ripped direct from my two CDrs at
320kbps. Mail me offlist if you need the address.

I recorded pretty well all shows 2002 to 2004, setting the timers on my two
Tascam CDr recorders to overlap - generally by around a minute, depending on
how accurately I'd set the clocks on the decks, so if you're slightly more
obsessive than me you can edit the two halves together without losing anything.

The DAB broadcast would have been at 48 kHz, and the audio CDrs record at
44.1kHz, so there is a sample conversion going on which will slightly reduce
quality, I take advantage of this by boosting the level slightly on the recorder,
as the BBC always seem to waste the top couple of dB / bits. (unlike, for
example, Kiss - who seem to compress everything hard up to 0dB)