Dub reggae

ken garner ken_garner@...
Sun Jan 18 15:57:54 CET 2009

I agree with Alasdair: I recall lots of vocal reggae peel sessions, but v few (if any?) wholly
dub. There are a few, however, with an attempt at a dub feel in some tracks - remember it
was BBC engineers twiddling the knobs - the most notable being perhaps the long lost
one by New Age Steppers, produced by Adrian Sherwood himself at a commercial studio,
restored to the BBC Archive by Martin W of this parish, I seem to recall. There is of course
also the Prince Far I session, and perhaps fleeting dubby bits in various sessions by
Dreadzone, Zion Train, Steel Pulse, Twinkle Brothers...

http://www.biguntidy.com/