"It's all gone very quiet..."

Steve so_it_goes_2512@...
Sun Jan 18 02:27:19 CET 2009

Dear Ken

Thanks very much for this! I have been waiting to get this one for
ages, and was even more interetsed when I read about it in 'The Peel
Sessions'.
BTW, is there any possibility that anybody has the 02 November 1987
show to upload? There is a page about it on the Wiki, but no source
listed.
Thanks in advance

Best wishes
Steve [TK]

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "ken garner" <ken_garner@...> wrote:

> ...hasn't it? So, here's something I found over the holidays: a tape
of the special, pre-
> recorded Bank Holiday show from May 1997 featuring Blur visiting and
playing live at Peel
> Acres. Not a normal show, then, but with some amusement and the
second half - once Blur
> have gone - has some good records in it. Personally I have never
been able to take this band
> seriously, but never mind. Once again the mad Bridget the dog makes
a starring appearance.

> Blur at Peel Acres 1997-05-05 pt 1
> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HCYFC0JB
> Blur at Peel Acres 1997-05-05 pt2
> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4PXL8HUN
>
> Note: this is of course a live, not live-live-live performance, as
it comprises 2 levels of pre-
> recording. Peel's links and the live performance at the house on
22nd April; then the evident
> editing of it all together, including the rest of the show,
seemingly live but not, at a
> subsequent date; before the transmission on a third occasion, 5th
May. As such, it lacks that