"It's all gone very quiet..."

ken garner ken_garner@...
Sat Jan 17 22:40:28 CET 2009

...hasn't it? So, here's something I found over the holidays: a tape of the special, pre-
recorded Bank Holiday show from May 1997 featuring Blur visiting and playing live at Peel
Acres. Not a normal show, then, but with some amusement and the second half - once Blur
have gone - has some good records in it. Personally I have never been able to take this band
seriously, but never mind. Once again the mad Bridget the dog makes a starring appearance.

Blur at Peel Acres 1997-05-05 pt 1
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HCYFC0JB
Blur at Peel Acres 1997-05-05 pt2
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4PXL8HUN

Note: this is of course a live, not live-live-live performance, as it comprises 2 levels of pre-
recording. Peel's links and the live performance at the house on 22nd April; then the evident
editing of it all together, including the rest of the show, seemingly live but not, at a
subsequent date; before the transmission on a third occasion, 5th May. As such, it lacks that
live presentation feel of the best Peel shows, but then plenty of normal shows were often
pre-recorded anyway.