1994

lorcan58 lorcan58@...
Fri Jan 9 00:16:54 CET 2009

Well, I don't expect this message to be greeted with the excitement
that heralds the arrival of a batch of newly-digitised tapes, but
I've just completed typing up the playlists for (virtually) the whole
of 1994. It comes in at almost 37,000 words and took far, far longer
than I had expected.

You can see the results of my efforts at
http://www.avistic.demon.co.uk

In its heyday the avistic website was updated on a (sort of) weekly
basis from Ceefax listings published by the BBC, and getting them on
the website was just a matter of a quick cut and paste. Today,
however, I'm working from a mixture of ancient PasBs and handwritten
lists provided to me some years ago by various listeners and quite
apart from the typing, the cross-checking of the entries for
consistency was a huge task. There are one or two incomplete entries
and I'm sure some mis-spellings have slipped in, so if anyone can
supply me with corrections please do and I'll get them entered up.

Now I'm off to the Wikia to do some linking..

Lorcan