500 Box: first show of the New Year

billfromnorthwales billfromnorthwales@...
Tue Jan 6 02:42:14 CET 2009

Hello Steve [TK]

THe Wiki is indeed a wonderful thing.

As indeed is Ken's book which told me that the Pop rivets session was
repeated on 11/3/80.

My confusion was that this was also the date the Chords session was
recorded (11/3/80). But it was broadcast on 24/3/80. What are the
chances....

SO I GOT THOSE 2 DATES MIXED UP. Please change the file names everyone

I have changed them at

http://www.30242b.net/Peel%20Group/billfromnorthwales/m_index.html

OK here is what you should have

1980-3-11 John Peel Radio 1 (Incomplete).mp3 46299.90Kb (46300Kb)
length 49:23  Session Pop Rivets (repeat)

1980-3-24 John Peel Radio 1 (Incomplete).mp3 69021.94Kb (69022Kb)
length  1:13:37 Session The Chords (new)  & Elvis Costello (Repeat)

at the end of 11/3/80 he says that Stiffs and the Visitors are to
follow on the next night's programme (according to The Peel Sessions,
this was 12/3/1980.

That is what you wrote too but you had 14/2/80. So 13/14 Feb had
exactly the same sessions as 11/12 Mar. What are the chances....

Look like on the oroginal cassette (C120) Bryan recorded the whole of
11/3/80.  Then he recorded over it 13 days later with 70 minutes of
24/3/80. pressing pause a lot. I think he was running low on tapes?

What are the chances......

Sorry for the confusion everyone.

oh and so this means WE DO NOT HAVE 13 February 1980 (sorry birthday
boy)

Bill.

Ken 2 Wiki 1 (after extra time)

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <so_it_goes_2512@...> wrote:

> Dear Roger
>
> Thanks very much for that info, and as a result the files are now
> available once again, this time on Drop Box. Go to:
> http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/24_March_1995
> for full track listing and links. Any problems, let me know.
>
> Dear Bill
>
> While doing some track listing I discovered that one of your shows
is
> incorrectly dated. To find the details, I've put it here on the
Wiki: