[peel] Re: Top Gear 1968 complete show

Jimmy Stepek jimmystep@...
Fri Feb 27 17:38:57 CET 2009

--- On Fri, 27/2/09, ken garner <ken_garner@...> wrote:

> I don't have any of those records, but I've just
> double-checked agianst the PasB script, and
> yes, the running order of tracks as on the wiki is indeed
> complete and accurate. I agree
> this is a perfect case for a reconstruction, given all the
> other elements survive...
> volunteers?

I've extracted the non session tracks from the wiki entry;

•	02-Ray Stevens-Mr Businessman
•	05-Duncan Browne-On The Bombsite
•	08-The Doors-Hello I Love You
•	11-Traffic-You Can All Join In
•	14-Earth Opera-The Red Sox Are Winning
•	16-John Mayall-Killing Time
•	19-Misunderstood-I Can Take You To The Sun
•	22-Tyrannosaurus Rex-Salamander Palagander
•	24-Buffy Sainte-Marie-Sometimes When I Get To Thinkin'
•	26-Cream-Born Under A Bad Sign
•	29-Duster Bennett-It's A Man Down There
•	30-The Eclection-In The Early Days
•	34-Fairport Convention-It's Alright Ma, It's Only Witchcraft
•	37-Jerry Lee Lewis-What Made Milwaukee Famous
•	40-MC5-Borderline

Are there clues in the PasB script about the format of these tracks as some may have been singles whilst others are from albums. The first single I ever bought was Tyrannosaurus Rex-One Inch Rock/Salamander Palagander and I'm sure I still have it somewhere.... I have the Cream, MC5, and Doors tracks on LP's although I have the feeling the Doors track was a single release... I'll contribute what I can but someone else needs to manage the project........Cheers.....Jimmy