[peel] Re: Top Gear - 5th Sept 1974

Alasdair Macdonald wewalkforonereason@...
Fri Feb 13 20:21:01 CET 2009

There *is* at least one Peel newsgroup - free.uk.john-peel (seems to
be unused) - and some binary groups too.

At the time - or around the time this mailing list was formed, there
was a mailing list business called "onelist". I don't know if this
list was set up as a onelist, initially - however I dare say you
remember, Stuart. Subsequently they were acquired / renamed by
egroups. Subsequent to that, egroups were taken over by yahoo, and
branded "yahoo groups". Referring to this mailing list as a yahoo list
would be like referring to the FA Cup as the Carling FA Cup; it's a
brand that has changed in the past and is liable to change again in
the future.