Seasonal greetings and final perfumed garden

Guy Brown guyanthonybrown@...
Tue Dec 22 16:50:04 CET 2009

Jake wrote >>I included the last 75 seconds of Walker's show prior to him handing over to John Peel, with the word "Peel" timed exactly with the start of the guitar intro to "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band". I also added the first few minutes of the breakfast show (I faded it out after Blair pays a possibly slightly reluctant tribute to Peel's achievements at Radio London). ...Apart from that I patched in a few extra words from Peel here and there that were missing from Guy Brown's edition, and divided the show into 5 files of roughly equal length, the first of which is available here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/322292341/19670814pg01.rar

Well as they used to say...this one will run and run. I think I'd like to hear the rest of this PG too somehow. Since I did Rev3 a few years back another complete recording has come into my possession that has rather better quality 'Medium Wave' recordings of Peel's links, but frankly 3 revs is enough on this project. I'm not sure if the liner notes I prepared for the Rev3 issue are in circulation, but if anyone wants them, email me off list and I'll get back to you in a few weeks with a Word doc. It'll be a few weeks cos I'm spending Xmas dealing with a family death in the UK rather than swanning about in Santa Barbara.

I too want to add my thanks to all the folks who have uploaded shows over this extra ordinary year of Peel finds - I just never tire of hearing a new one and promise to contribute myself next year from the 50 or so cassettes that I have that will extend the reach of the wiki. Pleasure to know you all.

GUY