Peel's Pleasures: last one for now

ken_garner ken_garner@...
Mon Dec 21 21:26:58 CET 2009

I do have a complete index of show dates, and session guests (which is how Chris Lycett and I dated them) but that's all. I don't think I should share that in full as it was technically a BBC document. I do have one or two of these I wanted to hear in order to write my book and I was given copies on CD - this includes the show with the "lost" session by Protex early in 79, which was a lovely show, I must say. They are pretty good quality. It is however extremely unlikely they will ever be publicly available unless a deal is done for the entirety of BBC show archive tapes to be audible via some agreement and technology. There is some crossover with parts of the 400 Box project, obviously, but not a lot. I overestimated the number of shows, though, it's only about 108, and that includes 5 Peel's Pleasures, 3 with Mark Ellen deputising,3 with Walters depping, 1 or 2 other non-peel documentaries, so it's actually about 90+ Peel shows, mostly from 79-83, with a handful from later in the 80s. Among the treats apparently nestling in there, apart from that Protex session, are the complete Radio 1 in Yorkshire, Scotland and Liverpool weeks' Peel shows, from 79, 81, and 83 respectively. One day....