[peel] Re: Question about Shows

John Bravin john.bravin@...
Thu Dec 10 23:08:17 CET 2009

Here's my theory. In 1971 Top Gear moved from the weekend to two nights
a week as part of Sounds of the Seventies. It moved to FM and strange
though it may seem today, I'm not sure I had an FM radio in my bedroom.
So listening on AM in the evening was crap due to interference - it
worked for Radio Luxembourg in the 60s as the music was throwaway, but
although I recorded Peel on Saturday afternoons I'm not sure I bothered
in the evenings.

John