[peel] An even more obscure session request

John M Campbell arzach@...
Wed Dec 9 04:18:38 CET 2009

I second the request for 'Out On Blue Six" sessions. Just dug out 'Party Mood' Mark is correct, good stuff.
Cheers, johnC

From: markbursa1@...
Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 5:40 PM
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [peel] An even more obscure session request

Firstly, many thanks for the recent sessions - the less-travelled roads are always teh most interesting!

Which brings me to....

There are a couple of sessions I'd really love to hear, by post-punk bands that left barely a trace - one or two singles and compilation tracks - but who really deserved better. Does anyone have any of the following?

Attic (10/12/1980). From Portsmouth, made two singles and appear on the 'South Specific' compilation album.

The Colors out of Time (26/5/81). Recently cropped up on Julian Cope's site - apparently they came from Crewe - but sound like they should have been from Manchester!

Out on Blue Six  (16/9/80 and 24/6/81) - Two sessions, but I only know of one single (Party Mood). Contained Carl Marsh, later of Shriekback. Party Mood beats any Shriekback track!

Many thanks,

Mark