any interest in an early nineties cassette collection?

thinkingthinkingthinking slo.coche@...
Tue Apr 21 23:03:40 CEST 2009

Thanks Rocker in Bristol and Andy in Bournemouth. I will delve into the
boxes, check out what is really there and how well or otherwise it has
survived. I worry about the quality as the tapes must have got very hot
up there on summer days over the years. I'll grit my teeth and check out
a few of them. I'll get back to you when I have a better idea of what is
there.

Steve

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, rockerq@... wrote:

> I think we in this group would be very interested in those tapes!
>
> The BBC probably have very little of this period saved, as it was
before
> they digitized the shows.
>
> I am in Bristol, and would be happy for you to deliver them to me! As
you
> may have gathered I am organizing the ripping of the "400 Box" of late
70s /
> early 80s which we clubbed together & bought on Myspace - this should
be
> completed sometime over the summer - so I would be happy to take on
the "92/93
> Box", provided no-one else volunteers, and you don't mind a bit of a
wait!

> Cheers!
>
> Rocker
>

> > <<Hi. I have a large number of cassettes of complete shows covering
> > complete period of more than one year from 1992 through 1993, plus a
few shows
> > and selected tracks with partial links from the early and mid
eighties,
> > also including some Kershaw shows. The tapes include complete
tracklists with
> > dodgy spellings. It is not clear on the tracklists where one show
begins
> > and the next one ends, but possible to work out hopefully by
listening to
> > them.
> >
> > These tapes have been stored a long time in boxes in an attic, where
they
> > might have deteriorated. I hardly dare try to listen to them, but I
am
> > currently clearing out the attic. If anyone may be interested to
have the whole
> > lot or some of the collection, it is free to a good home. I'm in
North
> > Dorset, and I'm willing to deliver free within Dorset, South
Somerset,