Walters' 50th Birthday Special

ken garner ken_garner@...
Sun Apr 19 20:43:26 CEST 2009

The cupboard was not bare, after all. Back home this weekend after being away for Easter, I found this stormer of a show today while sorting out some old tapes. I was sure I had it somewhere and was surprised I had not found it earlier. But then it was an unlabelled Fuji DR120 without a box. I knew I had kept it because I wrote about this one 20 years ago. I stand by everything I said, and have no need to repeat it here. Enjoy. There is some low mains hum in the background of the original recording, but the quality in every other sense is so spanking - amazing for a tape that has been left unloved and unprotected in a drawer for 20 years - that I doubt this will impair your listening pleasure.

peel 1989-07-11
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=323K7BEI

pdf of jockclock article
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HF72MO52

PS. it has gone a bit quiet over the holidays round here, eh?