back to 1979

saipanda saipanda@...
Sat Sep 27 07:23:34 CEST 2008

Many thanks indeed to Ken for his latest two from the Glasgow weekend of 1994. Great to
read the background story as well.

Here's another one from me, similar to the 1978 one with sessions from ex-Damned guys
a few days back. Have looked through old messages here and think they were both
actually shared originally in Flac on a torrent several months ago. I converted them mp3,
but still oretty big files. Many thanks to the original sharer, whose name I've haven't been
able to dig up. Sorry about that.

Anyway, this one again is coming up on the 400 Box and isn't completely great sound, but
it's a pretty historic show, including the second Undertones session, the Banshees second
album, as well as the first part of JP's 40th birthday party 40 choices. Be interested to see if
the 400 Box version has better sound.

The birthday records are already available (with better sound) as part of DeeDee's torrent
epic -- which I'm currently trying to catalogue for the Wiki (no small job), as well as Jon's
site.

Enough of the yabber, here's 29 August 1979:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FDUW5NA7

Tracklisting etc:
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/29_August_1979

Cheers,