John's First Big Weekend

ken garner ken_garner@...
Fri Sep 26 09:28:39 CEST 2008

...well, all I can say is stay tuned. Thanks for the compliments, but bear in mind what you
are all getting are not the highlights, but the totality of my collection of complete shows,
which is quite small, by the standards of some on this list! And, just as everyone know you
put your strongest songs at the start and end of each side of an album, or at the major
staging points in a two hour radio show, I am eeking out my rips to keep my audience
hooked. There are, however, one or two more surprises to come before we're finished, I
think. For example, I have still not given you what, in my view, is the best Peel show I have
just about complete, not one that has previously gone the rounds from other sources, and
possibly one of the grooviest I ever heard...

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <so_it_goes_2512@...> wrote:

> Thanks for this, Ken: you have a fantastic collection!! Errr...any
> chance of the rest of the Brambles shows in the future? (cringes
> pathetically, tugs forelock).
>
> Best wishes
> Steve [Teenage Kicks]

in Glasgow. I discovered these tapes unlabelled a few weeks ago