[peel] Tape 080 - The Tape Formerly Known As Unplayable

Roger Carruthers roger.carruthers@...
Thu Sep 25 21:01:22 CEST 2008

Your Sherwood trumps my Tascam, Denon & Marantz then! (when I say Œmy¹, they
actually belong to work...)
No need to feel autoreverse shame; the Marantz turned out to have
autoreverse options, and seeing as there are a lot of tapes to be digitized,
and  the general quality of the tapes are not that brilliant, making
azimuth correction of limited use,  I may well end up using autoreverse
myself.
I tend to leave the tapes digitising whilst I¹m off doing other work, and as
they¹re all of varying length, you can¹t set a timer; using autoreverse will
greatly reduce the time I have to spend popping back to check the progress.
 Glad you got it sorted anyway ­ I tried so many times, I started to hear
the first three tracks, complete with ghastly speed fluctuations, in my
dreams ;-)
Cheers
Roger