400 Box

saipanda saipanda@...
Tue Sep 23 18:53:41 CEST 2008

I think both sides have good points. Personally, I'm in favor of keeping things relatively
under wraps until the 400 Box is done, then releasing the whole lot as torrents.

As I mentioned the other day, the former incarnation of the Clash list came under heavy
pressure once the fact that there were unofficial recordings hosted there was written
about in one music magazine -- in a letter from a fan saying how great it was.

Once Peel shows are released on torrents -- as the 17 set has shown -- they can stay out
there, with no big attribution regarding who was responsible originally and therefore no
comeback on anyone. That way, the good work can continue.

If we can sort out a private group server for people here, all the better. Then release
occasional torrents by year, collection, theme, whatever.

Just my opinion.