Two new session requests

rushomancy rushomancy@...
Sat Sep 13 16:43:15 CEST 2008

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "Alasdair Macdonald"
<wewalkforonereason@...> wrote:

> It's not "digital FM". It's digital, but "FM" has no relevance to
the
> broadcast method.

OK, you've got me there.  I sometimes say "ATM Machine" too. :)

> If it were me, I'd opt for a well-recorded analogue and properly
> digitised alternative, but often we don't have that choice.

Well, obviously all other things being equal lossless is preferable,
but as you say, frequently that's not an option; having grown up with
tenth generation tape copies of broadcasts recorded from a station
with a weak signal, the options we have today are still a marked
improvement, and I've always been of the philosophy that any
recording is better than no recording anyway!