Two new session requests

rushomancy rushomancy@...
Sat Sep 13 15:28:17 CEST 2008

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "Alasdair Macdonald"
<wewalkforonereason@...> wrote:

> Ludus is the only one I have (and it's 6 Music mp2, not FM).
>
> http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=214302
>
> Ludus
> BBC Session (John Peel show)
> Maida Vale Studio 4
> London
> U.K.
> 1982-08-04
>
> First broadcast 1982-08-18
>
> Digital Satellite rebroadcast 2008-06-12 MPEG1 layer 2 @ 160kbps:
> BBC Radio 6 > DVB-S > Hauppauge Nova-S > DVBviewer > .ts >
PVAStrumento > .mpa >
> MpegSchnitt (to extract required audio).
>
>  1. (Pride Below The Navel) Vagina Gratitude   1:43
>  2. Covenant   4:08
>  3. Too Hot To Handle    3:14
>  4. Wrapped In Silence   5:50
> Total Time : [14:56]

Cripes, that was quick!  Digital FM is totally fine by me,
incidentally.  I know there are people who are all "LOSSLESS OR
DEATH", but I think something like this typically sounds way better
than a true lossless recording ripped from a 25 year old C60.

Great news on the Geesin as well!  I don't know how I managed to
completely miss any trace of its release, but I'm glad it's
available.  He's always been one of my favorites, and weirdly unlike
Viv Stanshall and Ivor Cutler his sessions never seemed to get traded
about by fans.