Problem tape

bty997881 roger.carruthers@...
Fri Sep 12 13:07:41 CEST 2008

OK, after various combinations of screw tightness, another shiny new TDK casing, and a lot
of rewinds/fast forwarding, I've managed to coax three and a bit tracks out of the problem
side, but I think that's all it's going to give me.
I think the weird vibrato on the Essential Logic track is deliberate, but there's some very
unsettling speed fluctuations on the rest of it, and I've had to stitch it together from several
attempts, so I'm not sure that we can call this a definitive archive copy, but hey, it was fun
trying.
Interestingly it always seems to give up just after Peely has said (of Link Wray) '"Well, how
anyone who's made records as good as that, can make records as frightful as his version of
'It's all over now Baby Blue', which is Simon Bates' Record of the Week this week (chuckles), I
simply don't know!". Perhaps it's a self-censoring BBC tape...?
 I'll return it to Rocker incomplete, but if anyone else wants to have a go at it, please feel
free,
cheers
Roger