[peel] "then on Friday night we went through to The Arches"

Jan Buxton janbuxton@...
Wed Sep 10 00:11:02 CEST 2008

2008/9/9 ken garner <ken_garner@yahoo.com>:
> completely forgotten). There's a neat link to the 25 Years of the F50 show
> posted last
> weekend, with the Billy Bragg number. I think I might have taped this
> because, like Peel, I
> expected Arab Strap to be number one, a record that still absolutely
> perfectly captures the
> place (Falkirk and Glasgow) and the times (mid 90s). The celebrated,
> right-on "24 hour
> café" in Woodlands Road mentioned in the story eventually became a Beanscene
> coffee
> house, and is currently in liquidation. Ach, well.

I love that song. I remember hearing it as an impressionable 14yo on
the Evening Session, Steve Lamacq was a huge supporter, and it was
record of the week for two weeks. I just remember thinking it was the
most magnificently exciting record I'd heard, and I still think so as
a 26yo.

--
Jan
http://janb1982.blogspot.com/