[peel] New Wave

Alan Ford alan@...
Sun Sep 7 20:08:17 CEST 2008

Is this kind of thing legal??

Who cares, just grabbed my copy.
But then I do own the original album.

Many thanks

Alan

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: dunelm61
  To: peel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, September 07, 2008 5:25 PM
  Subject: [peel] New Wave

  I first started listening to Peel in the summer of 1977, and my first
  tentative steps into punk were the purchase of a couple of compilation
  LPs. One was The Roxy London WC2 Jan-Apr 77. The other was simply
  called New Wave, released on the Vertigo label in July 1977 and played
  by Peel on several occasions.

  The latter LP has been digitised and posted here.

  http://nothing-b-t-d.blogspot.com/2008/01/new-wave-various-artists.html

  Yes, I'm aware that most of these tracks are widely available on CD
  (although I've not come across Skyhooks or Little Bob Story anywhere
  else, ever). But to hear this collection of tracks in this running
  order is strangely satisfying.