New Wave

dunelm61 dunelm@...
Sun Sep 7 18:25:17 CEST 2008

I first started listening to Peel in the summer of 1977, and my first
tentative steps into punk were the purchase of a couple of compilation
LPs. One was The Roxy London WC2 Jan-Apr 77. The other was simply
called New Wave, released on the Vertigo label in July 1977 and played
by Peel on several occasions.

The latter LP has been digitised and posted here.

http://nothing-b-t-d.blogspot.com/2008/01/new-wave-various-artists.html

Yes, I'm aware that most of these tracks are widely available on CD
(although I've not come across Skyhooks or Little Bob Story anywhere
else, ever). But to hear this collection of tracks in this running
order is strangely satisfying.