[peel] Archiving the tapes

rockerq@... rockerq@...
Thu Sep 4 23:12:19 CEST 2008

Well I have kept all my original files (as AIFFs), and have then corrected
speed and edited together as shows, and created FLACs of these.

I guess for archiving purposes we should keep FLACs of both original rips
(for each side of each tape) and of individual shows.

That way we have the best currently available copy of each show, but also can
at a later date, and maybe fill in the tape flip gaps or other missing
sections - or indeed if better software becomes available to increase the sound
quality we can extract from those original files.

So for rippers returning their files to me - by all means send me your edited
shows, but also throw in a copy of your original rip files, assuming you
still have them!

Some have already sent me just the unedited original rips - and that is fine
- although it will take me a while to get round to editing them myself - I can
hardly keep up with the ones I rip myself! So extra thanks to those of you
who also create mp3s and make those available to the group!

Cheers!

Rocker