keith moon stands in for JP

ken garner ken_garner@...
Mon Sep 1 20:04:39 CEST 2008

I can now confirm the first broadcast dates for these shows, thanks to Hannah at R1
sending me the BBC catalogue entry (all 4 original one-hour shows, A Touch Of Moon,
produced by Walters, are in the archive) - which prompted me to look again at the old
PasBs at the bottom of my box, and well, I got it wrong again! I was so focussed on
looking for new sessions I simply glanced at the details of these and clean forgot them.
Doh! Anyway, here's what happened...

1973
T 21/8 – T 11/9 first hour presented by Alan Black (all repeats); second hour A Touch Of
Moon, produced by Walters, presented by Keith Moon, mixing sketches such as at home
with the Moon family, and a peak at the life of the northern DJ "D.O.L.T", with records.
Closing sig each week, `Our Song' by Ron Geesin and Roger Waters from Music of The Body

so there you go and now I know!