[peel] Re: Did Peel ever play Tom Waits?

Jimmy Stepek jimmystep@...
Tue Oct 28 13:17:21 CET 2008

Tape T070 dated 1979-02-14

Frank Zappa:	Rat Tomago	(LP - Sheik Yerbouti) CBS

http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/T070

--- On Sun, 26/10/08, Roger Carruthers <roger.carruthers@...> wrote:

Re: [peel] Re: Did Peel ever play Tom Waits?
Ditto Frank Zappa ?

I think I posted the question here once before, but apart from some early Mothers, eg. in the final Perfumed Garden, I don’t recall ever hearing any Zappa on Peel, which considering his prodigious output, would seem a deliberate omission – possibly because John was fond of Beefheart, who fell out with Zappa, or perhaps he couldn’t quite stomach Zappa’s famously cynical world view?