Peel 1981

saipanda saipanda@...
Sun Oct 26 04:44:06 CET 2008

Hi Karl,

This is the kind of thing where I'd like to be able to point you to the Wiki year page for
1981 and that would be it. Unfortunately, though, 1981 is one of those that's still a work
in progress (it's not the only one). I'll try and get a bit organized on 1981 this upcoming
week. There are a couple of things up there already, so here's the link anyway:

http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/1981

Better news, though, is that there were a big punch of 1981 shows floating around
relatively recently. I think most of these were originally shared via the group earlier this
year (by Kevin/Julian, from memory), although I might be wrong, and many were (also?) up
on John Peel Everyday.

Think these are mostly from those ones, at least they are what I seem to have ("It Makes
Me Laugh" was a bit more recent):

1981-02-16a (New Order, Rezillos sessions)	59:07
1981-02-16b (New Order, Rezillos sessions)	1:00:50
1981-04-07 (B Movie, Positive Noise)
1981-04-08 (All singles show)	2:00:14
1981-04-09  (Cuban Heels, Glaxo Babies sessions)	2:00:22
1981-05-11 (Chefs, Frames sessions)	1:59:57
1981-05-12 (Flock Of Seagulls, Ski Patrol sessions)	2:03:09
1981-05-13 (Revillos, Department S sessions)	1:58:41
1981-05-14 (New Order, Killing Joke sessions)	1:59:16
1981-05-16 (It Makes Me Laugh)	43:50
1981-05-18 (The Moondogs, Ivor Cutler sessions)	2:00:20
1981-05-19 (The Moderates, The Lucys sessions)	1:59:43
1981-05-25 (Day after LFC won the European Cup in Paris)	1:33:31

If you search the group under the session artist names, you might be able to find some of
these. Links may or may not still be active, but can be re-uploaded if not. Some are also
available at John Horne's "Rewind" page:
http://www.jonhorne.co.uk/jptapes/jptapesrewound.html

And one at Gary's successor to the mighty John Peel Everyday:
http://johnpeeldotnet.wordpress.com/downloads/

And Fades In Slowly:
http://fadesinslowly.blogspot.com/

Good hunting!

In addition, there the Festive Fifty for that year, which seems to be scattered around
volumes 1 and 2 of the 17 volume dvd compilation available on assorted torrent sources
(thanks to DeeDee). Have a quick Goggle for links. Hopefully, Mic of this list will be
updating the Wiki on this at some point, following his amazing job on 1978, 1979 and
1981 F50s.

Finally, think the 400 Box may well be including 1981 shows -- as it's supposed to include
stuff from around five years from 1978. All will doubtless be revealed in the fullness of
time.

Cheers,

Steve

PS On the monetary front, please check the message in the past few days from Rocker re
donations for 400 Box postage.