1977 Festive 50 (a billion questions (very slight exaggeration))

dunelm61 dunelm@...
Fri Oct 24 20:52:01 CEST 2008

OK, so is nobody else going to mention that in 1977 Andy Kershaw was a
17 year old schoolboy studying for his A-levels at Hulme Grammar School?

"Kershaw encountered the Oldham Tinkers when he was social secretary at
Leeds University several of the artists he booked there reappeared
later on his show".

"I'm sure Peel was very familiar with Ry Cooder but 'Dark End Of The
Street' was a Kershaw speciality so I just picked up on the connection
bearing in mind that Kershaw and Peel where in the same office at the
time".