[peel] 1977 Festive 50 (a billion questions (very slight exaggeration))

dunelm61 dunelm@...
Wed Oct 22 23:38:43 CEST 2008

Althea & Donna did certainly rerecord Uptown Top Ranking at some stage –
I've heard this rather poor version on a couple of compilation LPs. Why
the song was rerecorded, and where the new version originally appears,
is a mystery to me.

If memory serves, Calico Suit is the instrumental version of the
original. Does that make sense?

As regards getting hold of a tape of the 1977 Festive Fifty as
broadcast, at www.rocklist.net/festive50.htm you will see that Andy
Smith (Andymss@...) claims to have a recording of the top thirteen.
I believe that members of this group have tried to get in touch with
Andy but without success. The tape would certainly be worth getting
hold of though.