8 November 1978 (new download: 400 box)

Dr Mango dr_mango2004@...
Fri Oct 17 03:49:25 CEST 2008

Following on from my last release, here's an hour from the next evening, Wednesday 8th November 1978. It's pretty much the first hour of the show, although the very beginning is missing and the tape starts mid-song with the Rezillos. Session wise, there's an interesting contrast here, with punkers Crisis sitting alongside the soft rock of the Roy Hill Band.

The quality isn't the best. I suspect this could be sourced from medium wave given the occasional bursts of distortion and signal waver. I've boosted the top end a bit to brighten the final product and it's not too bad I suppose.

Thanks, by the way, to Andy Brouwer, who runs a Roy Hill fan site, for identifying one of the session tracks for me. The tape runs out before JP announces it.

File length: 1:06:45 (112 kbps mono mp3). File size: 53.4 MB
Download: http://sharebee.com/5f99b299
Wiki page: http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/08_November_1978

Dr M.