7 November 1978 (new download: 400 box)

vinpinman vinpinman@...
Wed Oct 15 09:48:08 CEST 2008

Thanks Doc, more great work, spreading the word on FiS.

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, Dr Mango <dr_mango2004@...> wrote:

> Hi everyone.
>
> Many apologies for the long delay in getting my share of the 400
box tapes out there for download. I actually finished ripping the
original source material over the weekend of 6 / 7 September, bar one
tape that resolutely refuses to play ball and so has to go back to
Rocker for some expert attention. Unfortunately for the project, in
mid-September I headed off on a fortnight's holiday, so the previous
7 days or so were spent rushing around, trying to tie up loose ends
before I went. Sadly, this didn't leave me time to edit and mp3 the
tapes. More bad luck followed on the flight home from my holiday,
when I picked up a nasty cold bug, so for at least a week after my
return I felt as rough as anything and in no mood or condition to get
down to work.

> Excuses over, I'm now fighting fit and here's the show details.
This is the second release from my assignment.

> 7 November 1978. The rip is the second hour of the show, featuring
the Mekons in session. The quality is a bit rough in places, with
some frequency drift.