[peel] ebay 400 tapes batch 1

lollygagger lollygagger@...
Wed Oct 8 15:34:17 CEST 2008

Hi Roger

Yes I resisted the temptation to adjust the recording in anyway but then again these are A.M. mono recordings. If no other improved copies of these progs appear, maybe in time, there might be better software for simulating stereo i.e. adjusting one channel slightly different to the other while more successfully and realistically adjusting frequency levels. We shall see.

I have included the mp3 versions on the dvd as this is the format that is currently being uploaded (personally I prefer ogg) or exchanged via the web by most of the members in the peely group.

Gordon
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: ROGER CARRUTHERS
  To: peel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 1:12 PM
  Subject: Re: [peel] ebay 400 tapes batch 1

  For naming, I've gone with 'Peel yymmdd', with suffixes a,b,c etc. for the sides and if they're spread over a number of tapes eg. 'Peel 790604d' would be the second side of tape 2 of 04/06/79.
  For the .flac versions I think we agreed to keeping the recordings as they come, ie. no pitch correction or noise reduction and not stitched together.
  What you do with the .mp3 version is up to you, which is why I've yet to upload any of those I've done (OK, I did one), as most of them are going to need a fair bit of sweetening.
  cheers
  Roger