Mr Pedant Strikes Again, Re: Andrew's C90 Tape collection *3

ken garner ken_garner@...
Mon Oct 6 21:57:30 CEST 2008

...(fumbles with glasses this time before picking up book) ...  oops, yes, of course, that's
right: the Monday 28/8/89 show was cancelled (Bank Holiday); the Tuesday 29th with The
Telescopes repeat - andrew's tape - was pre-recorded earlier that day, obviously now I
think about it so Walters could get Peel down to the surprise 50th birthday gig at
subteranea that night; the recording of that party went out on wed 30th as we know; then
on Thurs 31st it was the show with Where's The Beach that Peel had also pre-recorded on
the 29th thinking it was for his birthday.

Thank goodness that's clear!

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "saipanda" <saipanda@...> wrote:

> Sorry, just to check, Ken, but when you say the show was on a Thursday, is it not
Tuesday
> 29th with the Monday show being cancelled? Maybe I'm confusing this somewhere.
>
> Many thanks to Rocker for The Firemen and Andrew for the 1901 Peelenium! The variety
of
> the Peel music world is always amazing.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Steve W
>

> --- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "ken garner" <ken_garner@> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks, Gary and Andrew! But in there, the August 1989 show featuring a repeat of
The