another wiki question

ken garner ken_garner@...
Thu Oct 2 22:11:27 CEST 2008

i don't want to be a wet blanket, but I think Martin is right to sound a note of caution here.
Leaving the audio files for now disaggregated and scattered across numerous personal
uploading services makes what we are collectively engaged in less likely to draw attention
to itself. Once the 400, 200, etc projects are complete, and we donate the master files to
the BBC, then we are out in the open, but we can hardly be attacked for seeking to deepen
and preserve the Peel archive. I believe one day some form of official, BBC and family-
approved, PRS/MCPS licensed, online Peel archive/trust, including a streaming or
download service, will come into existence, possibly functioning via some kind of
membership and annual (modest) subscription. But the time is not yet ripe for it. Not quite,
anyway