[peel] another wiki question

Martin Wheatley martinw@...
Thu Oct 2 18:56:06 CEST 2008

At 15:28 02/10/2008, you wrote:

> > > I don't suppose there is any kind of export
> option for our pages on wikia?
> >

> <http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Export>http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Export
>
>Cool...
>
><http://www.siteground.com/wiki-hosting.htm>http://www.siteground.com/wiki-hosting.htm
>is $5.95 per month with 750gb of webspace and 7500gb monthly bandwidth
>
>you only get that price if you sign up for three
>years though - so I guess it would need about
>£120 between us and that includes a free domain name...

Putting the Wiki there is fine - it's just
words.   But if you are thinking about
the rips there is an element of risk.  None of you owns the copyright to
the music on the rips - the record companies do.  The more you put them
in one place the bigger a target you make
I don't wish to rain on your parade but these things do have to be considered
first.  If you want to ignore them then fine but everyone must do it with
their eyes open and not just in a burst of enthusiasm

martinw