John Peel Festive 50! Final Week Of Voting!

Steve so_it_goes_2512@...
Tue Nov 25 00:48:31 CET 2008

Thanks for the reminder, Rocker, and I will be entering my votes shortly.
Can I also remind everybody that two other polls are shortly to
conclude, namely the 1976 Festive Fifty at Fades In Slowly and my own
2008 Peel Sessions Poll over yonder at Teenage Kicks? I've had just
about enough entries to make up a chart, but I would really like more
to make a representative analysis. If all the people who entered my
poll last year would like to do so again, that would be wonderful, and
the same goes if you've enjoyed my 500 Box rips.

Best wishes
Steve [Teenage Kicks: http://festivefifty.blogspot.com]

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, rockerq@... wrote:

> Just a quick reminder that we have now entered the last week of
voting in the
> 2008 Festive 50 hosted by Dandelion Radio.
>
> Last date is the traditional November 30th cutoff!
>
> To vote, go to:
>
> http://www.dandelionradio.com/festive50.htm
>
> and enter your three favorite tracks of the year. The rules are that
they
> must be tracks released in 2008, on disc or download, or else
broadcast as a
> session during the year. (we may also accept a few things that came
out in late
> 2007 if they missed last year's vote).
>
> Voting closes at midnight GMT on November 30th. You have less than a
week
> left to decide on your favourites and vote!
>
> Feel free to forward on this mailing - please tell as many people as
possible
> - especially those with good musical taste!
>
> Note for artists & record labels etc - feel free to tell your mates
/ fans
> about the chart, but please don't tell them what to vote for! We
have elaborate
> security systems in place to eliminate bloc voting - this ain't
Eurovision,
> you know - this matters!
>
> Oh - and everyone who votes will be entered into a draw, to win
fabulous
> prizes, such as a copy of Ken Garner's book "The Peel Sessions",
signed by the
> author!
>
> The Festive 50 chart show will be hosted by a wide range of
Dandelion Radio