New here

ken garner ken_garner@...
Sun Nov 23 22:49:49 CET 2008

very nice of you to say so Alan, but let's get to Lumeh's Problem: dating his BFBS and Radio
Bremen Peel shows. I think we can probably date the Bremen ones to a month in a specific
year from the context (new records played, comments by Peel on air refering to other
events / shows / football), and from other recollections I think the Radio Bremen shows
ran roughly from the (yes!) the early 80s through to the v early 90s (I can try and double
check this with his manager and agent the Selwoods, who keep records of his contracts).
The BFBS ones may be less easier to date - he did these for many years - but still, much
can be derived from the context. A few of Peel's BFBS shows are around already , but not
many. Just to confirm, Lumeh: neither the BFBS or R Bremen shows were ever broadcast in
the UK. Peel's primary shows 3 or 4 nights a week on BBC Radio 1 here in the UK were
completely separate shows, and it is those I document in my book.

...keep us posted, and go to the Peel wiki site to find out about existing old shows going
around

ken