[peel] Re: Somebody is SELLING the Peel shows online

RobF robfleay@...
Thu Nov 20 11:35:04 CET 2008

Therein lies the rub - except that we are not making any money from the 400 Box project in fact the purchase of the tapes and the postage is being funded by the goodwill of the people involved.

Let's be honest that we COULD fund the project by selling the shows to those not involved but who want to hear them, but we don't because we know that is several shades of wrong further than what we are actually doing.

If the guy selling the DVD's was the one sat for hours encoding the tapes then I'd cut him more slack, but he's profiteering from others hard work.

I think we should stick to the original plan of avoiding the copyright issue and just informing the tax man!