1977 Festive 50 'definitive' update

saipanda saipanda@...
Mon Nov 17 13:38:48 CET 2008

Many thanks again to Bill for this historic broadcast!

Further to the 1977 F50 top 13, something that came up on the Wiki
today and wondering if anyone has a definitive answer:

What was the name of the artist beginning with J for "Truly" at #13?
BBC has Jah Hayes on their minisite. Have also seen Jays, Jayes and
assorted variations. Not in a position to check this right now on
the show scripts, but not sure that would be definitive anyway.

Also Ken, sorry to impose even more on your good nature, but
wondering if you could supply details of the Strangers concert
recording that was broadcast at the start of the same show -- so we
can have all the details up on the Wiki.

Cheers,

Steve W

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "ken garner" <ken_garner@...> wrote:

> sorry if I've missed someone already pointing this out, but was
awoken after 1am by the
> Boomtown Rats AFTER slumbering off during the Top 3, and my hunch
half asleep was
> confirmed by checking this morning: most of part 2 of that file,
after the number 1, is of
> course about 30 mins from the show of the following night,
28/12/77, with best of
> sessions of the year part 2, a show that has been going round
complete for some time
> anyway. We all know how this happened with the original taper...

> --- In peel@yahoogroups.com, <bill.spiby@> wrote:
> >
> > I still managed to mess it up a couple of times, but hopefully,
here goes:

> > Festive 50 Peel 1977 broadcast numbers 1-3
> > http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B2AJMLU8
> >

> > Festive 50 1977 John Peel broadcast numbers 13-3
> >
> > http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3O6M9IJ3
> >
> > Regards
> > Bill Spiby
> >

> > > From: "alanforduk" <alan@>
> > > Date: 2008/11/16 Sun PM 01:36:07 GMT
> > > To: peel@yahoogroups.com
> > > Subject: [peel] Re: 1977 Festive 50 'definitive' update

> > > to upload it to share then I'll do it.
> > >

> > > You go to
> > >
> > > http://www.megaupload.com/
> > >
> > > Click 'browse'
> > >
> > > Find the file to be uploaded.
> > >
> > > Enter a 'meaningful file description'
> > >
> > > Click "I accept", and "send".
> > >
> > > When it's finished you get a link to the uploaded file.
> > >
> > > er, that's it
> > >
> > > Alan

> > > thanks),
> > > why