'The DK Box': 53 Shows from 2000

hokasombat davidnpaula@...
Sun Nov 9 12:33:05 CET 2008

Dear All,

Thanks for your replies so far!

I'll wait a short while to see if anyone steps forward to shoulder
the donkey work on this ( - I'd still prefer just to send someone 4 x
DVDs), but if there are no takers I'll try uploading the shows
myself.  It may be some weeks before I get round to it, though - work
commitments and so on.  It'd also take a little work to lift Peel &
Walters' 76-77 'Fluff' pieces off existing recordings and piece them
together, but I do have them all safe.

Robert - I *just don't know* if the Calexico session is included
here.  I have playlists for the first two thirds of all these shows,
and only Calexico album tracks appear on these.  (Maybe, somewhere on
one of my thousands of disks, I've kept the remaining playlists.)
Below, however, is the full list of shows in the 'DK Box', from which
you might be able to work it out:

DVD 1
John Peel - 2000-02-03 (FM)
John Peel - 2000-02-08 (FM)
John Peel - 2000-02-09 (FM)
John Peel - 2000-02-10 (FM)
John Peel - 2000-02-15 (FM)
John Peel - 2000-02-16 (FM)
John Peel - 2000-02-17 (FM)
John Peel - 2000-02-22 (FM)
John Peel - 2000-02-23 (FM)
John Peel - 2000-02-24 (FM)
John Peel - 2000-02-29 (FM)
John Peel - 2000-03-01 (FM)
John Peel - 2000-03-02 (FM)
John Peel - 2000-03-08 (FM)
John Peel - 2000-03-14 (FM)
John Peel - 2000-03-15 (FM)

DVD 2
John Peel - 2000-03-16 (FM)
John Peel - 2000-03-21 (FM)
John Peel - 2000-03-22 (FM)
John Peel - 2000-03-23 (FM)
John Peel - 2000-03-28 (FM)
John Peel - 2000-03-29 (FM)
John Peel - 2000-08-03 (FM)
John Peel - 2000-08-08 (FM)
John Peel - 2000-08-09 (FM)
John Peel - 2000-08-10 (FM)
John Peel - 2000-08-15 (DAB)
John Peel - 2000-08-16 (DAB)
John Peel - 2000-08-22 (DAB)
John Peel - 2000-08-23 (DAB)
John Peel - 2000-08-24 (DAB)
John Peel - 2000-08-29 (DAB)

DVD 3
John Peel - 2000-08-31 (DAB)
John Peel - 2000-09-05 (DAB)
John Peel - 2000-09-06 (DAB)
John Peel - 2000-09-12 (DAB)
John Peel - 2000-09-13 (DAB)
John Peel - 2000-09-14 (DAB)
John Peel - 2000-09-19 (DAB)
John Peel - 2000-09-20 (DAB)
John Peel - 2000-09-21 (DAB)
John Peel - 2000-09-26 (DAB)
John Peel - 2000-09-27 (DAB)
John Peel - 2000-09-28 (DAB)
John Peel - 2000-10-03 (DAB)
John Peel - 2000-10-04 (DAB)
John Peel - 2000-10-05 (DAB)
John Peel - 2000-10-10 (DAB)

DVD 4
John Peel - 2000-10-11 (DAB)
John Peel - 2000-10-12 (DAB)
John Peel - 2000-10-17 (DAB)
John Peel - 2000-10-19 (DAB)
John Peel - 2000-10-31 (DAB)

To be honest, I only stopped recording at this point because at the
time I felt a little underwhelmed by Peely's playlists.  Ah well.

And on what Johnny Pyjamas has ended up missing - I do feel it's a
shame that he never got to hear Grumpy Guts's '50 Year Old Man' or
Melt Banana's astonishingly perfect 'Plasma Gate Quest' (from Bambi's
Dilemma).  What a show-starter that would have been.

Cheers,

DK.