Ripping issue [400 box]

Steve so_it_goes_2512@...
Sat Nov 1 16:11:46 CET 2008

Hi Rocker

The link to the Peel Wiki is:

http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

If you're not already a member of this, it will provide you with an
option to sign up.
Tracklistings: I will volunteer to tracklist as much as I can, and
don't need scans to do so. I'm sure others such as Steve (saipanda)
will also jump in, so save that precious free time for ripping more shows!
Flacs: this is very easy to do with Eazy CD-DCA extractor, which I
have, and will do that too on request.
As if I haven't loaded enough on my plate, I have recently received
another batch of tapes from Colin, so expect more rips from the 500
Box in the next few days.
And if I may make a reqest in return...I have now had over 150
downloads of my 2008 Peel sessions Poll entry form, so those from the
group who have the form, can you please vote as soon as you can. With
all this going on, it would be nice to start compiling the chart ASAP,
and I've only had eight replies so far. To avoid charges of hypocrisy
(which I'm sure you're all to nice to make), I will also be voting in
the Dandelion chart this year, despite not having much time to listen
to new stuff. So go easy on my choices!!

Best wishes
Steve

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, rockerq@... wrote:

> > <<what's keeping me from sending them back to Rocker, ergo getting
on with
> > the next lot, is writing out the playlists.>>
> >
> I wouldn't worry about the playlists - I never have time myself
either -
> there are only a few of us doing the ripping so we should
concentrate on getting
> on with that. I look forward to receiving a package!
>
> What does help is if, as well as sending me the FLACS, which are our
> archiving copies, you can convert to mp3 and distribute via
rapidshare or whatever -
> or pass on to someone who can (any volunteers?) - so that the
general group
> members can download them.
>
> Everyone has access to the WIKI, so all you downloaders who are not
rippers
> please feel free to add your tracklistings to the WIKI if you see
that a show
> has not been done!   At this point could someone remind us all of
how to access
> the WIKI please!
>
> We're around a third of the way through the 400 tapes - The next
batch of
> mailouts to rippers should be around 20 tapes instead of 10, as I
have bought the
> larger size of prepaid special delivery envelopes. (Double the
weight, only
> 25% extra postage cost per pack)
>
> Cheers!
>
> Rocker.
>
> Actually I am a fine one to talk - have not had time to do any
ripping this
> last month & Nov / Dec looking even busier, what with recording
Dandelion Radio
> shows for Dec and Jan, as well as the Festive 50, and my annual
Northern Soul