Oops, I did it again

Steve so_it_goes_2512@...
Sat Jun 7 02:20:13 CEST 2008

Dear Ken

Your correspondent is wrong. After reading your message, I listened
to the 1980 Festive Fifty again, and there, just before he played the
no. 48 track...'White Riot'...JP categorically states 'number 26 last
year'. As a double check, I played 'Complete Control' (number 15),
and there it is...'number 5 last year'
Proof positive, I think?
Best wishes
Steve [Teenage Kicks]
--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "ken garner" <ken_garner@...> wrote:

> a guy called Nathaniel has just emailed me to point out another
glitch in my book. Well, it's
> been a while (keep em coming, team). He has a recording off air
which confirms that the
> Clash track at no 5 in the 1979 Festive Fifty was in fact WHITE
RIOT, and not - as the BBC
> archive, rocklist, etc, er, and I, have it - Complete Control. The
moment I read his message I
> thought, well, of course, that makes sense, how did I miss that?
Anyone else able to confirm