Any Peel list folks on Facebook? (ok - really a plug for Dandelion Radio)

Paul Webster paul@...
Fri Jun 6 19:02:54 CEST 2008

It has been quie a while since one of us Dandelion Radio folks did a bit of
self-promotion ... so hopefully you will excuse this long one.

I know this is a bit modern ... but there are a few of us list subscribers
who are also active on one or more of the community sites - e.g. MySpace,
Facebook and last.fm

If any of you who are on Facebook are also Dandelion Radio listeners then
you could add yourself as a "fan" on our newly added Facebook page at:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dandelion-Radio/19253101244

I think that Last.fm is worth a visit - and in particular ...
http://www.last.fm/user/DandelionRadio/
where I have been "scrobbling" our tracklistings for a few months.
If you have an account there (free) you can add yourself as a friend plus
join the group
http://www.last.fm/group/Dandelion+Radio

My guess is that if you are on MySpace and interested in DR then you have
already added yourself as a Friend - but just in case:
http://myspace.com/dandelionradio
and add yourself as a friend.

Also - now that the first few days of the month have passed, we have
capacity on our server for you to get in and listen to the shows. We again
have 22 hours of the stuff this month.

Here is what is on this month at:
http://www.dandelionradio.com

Andrew Morrison:
Andy has two shows in Dandelion Radio's June schedule. His regular two-hour
show includes a specially-recorded session from Whole Sky Monitor, as well
as another exclusive live track from Eliza. You'll also hear tracks from
Burial, Laura Cantrell, The Helio Sequence and New Order, along with Teresa
and Scott's regular monthly guest spots and many other new and unsigned
tunes.
Andy's other June show is a two-hour special entitled 'Teresa & Andy's
Fantasy Festival', in which Andy and his girlfriend pick and introduce their
ideal line-up for a 2008 summer festival. There are three days and two
stages worth of acts in their "virtual festival", featuring headliners such
as Elbow, Depeche Mode, Bloc Party and Neil Young, as well as the finest
up-and-coming artists, both signed and unsigned, including Devotchka,
Samuraj Cities, Patrick Watson, Lanterns On The Lake and Errors. Pitch a
tent near your computer, and join Andy and Teresa for a festival during
which you won't get washed away by the elements!

Dubster:
In this months Radiodubster, Steve and Brian pack their rucksacks and return
to the Scottish borders to give you a flavour of the acts playing at this
years Wickerman Festival in July including Miyagi, Actiongroup, Zoey Van
Goey and some group called the Fall.
We'll also be showcasing a few tracks from the Chamber Music album, a
collection of no less than 36 different acts adaptations of James Joyce's
love poems. Add to this tracks from Mittens on Strings, Magic Arm and
Pleasant Grove, and you have 2 hours of aural heaven.
OK boy's packed and ready? No, I think we can leave the smoking jackets and
sherry glasses ...

Mark Cunliffe:
Jerry Hope was a key member of The Dust Collectors, a band who I think are
the best Derby has ever produced. He died in April and this month I pay
tribute to him by playing four tracks he was heavily involved in making.
I also feature Sleaford Mods as yet unreleased album "1 er then ennit".
There is Four Tet remixing Thom Yorke, two cover versions, an unwitting
array of dancehall, fabulous garage action from The Federals more from the
Zim Kids series, Ruff Sqwad's latest 12", King Soly dubstepping to great
effect and some loveliness from The Mummers...

Mark Whitby:
In his June show, Mark previews the 2000 Trees festival, taking place in the
idyllic setting of the Cotswolds, and featuring Art Brut, These New Puritans
and The Anomalies, plus loads of others in what promises to be two days of
fun and frolics in the English countryside.
Away from the greenery and the sunshine, this three hour spectacular also
features tracks from new (and new-ish) albums by the resolutely urban Fall,
electronica from Bitstream, Pink Skull and Cinema du Lyon, Germany's
Trondheim, Ukraine's Younnat and a preview track from the forthcoming
Stereolab album. All of which, along with a bottle of cheap cider and a
piece of grass stuck in yer mouth, adds up to a cracking way of spending a
summer's day (or night).

Neil Jenkins:
For June, Neil ditches the older records and concentrates on the newer stuff
to help get through the wonderous backlog, including tracks from new albums
by The Fall, Portishead, Half Man Half Biscuit, The Kills and a host of
newer, less established bands and artists. This month's feature is The ME
Band.

Pete Jackson:
This month, Pete Jackson proudly presents The Rebellious Jukebox - a
two-hour assault on the ears from the distant, and not so distant, past. As
well as high-quality tunes from the 1930s (!) to a couple of years ago,
you'll also hear my personal selection of the five best cover versions EVER.
So if your idea of heaven is a jukebox that has everything from Lee
'Scratch' Perry to Slowdive, from The 3 Johns to 1000 Homo DJs, you've found
it. And you don't even have to put any 50ps in.

Rachael Neiman:
June's edition of 'The Rachael Neiman Experience' is only an hour-long due
to continuing hectic times at Cherryade Towers! But, what an hour it is! We
talk about our recent adventures at Ladyfest London and play Peggy Sue and
the Pirates in honour of it. We also have a feature on the forthcoming
Strawberry Shortcake festival in Manchester and play some tracks from
featured bands including Amida, Le Tetsuo, Puzzle and The Lovely Eggs.
We also have top quality riot grrrl from Hooker, cute indiepop in the form
of Woog Riots, Cars Can Be Blue, the new singles from My Sad Captains and
Los Campesinos! And Keytarded with a beautiful keytar cover which knocks
spots off the original, listen and see what you think!

Rocker:
Another packed three hour show from Rocker - This month there's an acoustic
session recorded for the show by Violet Violet, as well as 5 (count 'em!)
featured new LPs, all by artists played by John Peel.
There's also new tracks from Calvin Party; The Manhattan Love Suicides;
Eelke Kleijn; The Bumblebees; TV Smith; The Hillfields; Ghosts Of Pasha;
Zipper; Booka Shade; Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip; The School; The Udagawa
Deal; and Lovingly Yours.
The Parallelograms take on The Ramones; there's a Peel's Big 45 featuring
Sly and Robbie; and there's a track from the debut LP by Minisnap - side
project of The Bats from New Zealand. As well as little known acts.
Here's this month's little known fact: A regulation golf ball has 336
dimples.

Yank Sizzler:
Let us peruse the recent recordings of The Black Angels, Mavis Beacon
Teaches Typing, Beach House, Dr. Dog, The Kinetiks, The Dirtbombs & Dark
Meat as we comfortably snuggle up against classics from Sister Nancy, Son
House, The Loved Ones, The Chob, 16 Horsepower, Godspeed You Black Emperor
and many more. We also treat ourselves to some of the finest live renditions
Calexico has put to tape. And finally I froth at the mouth as it appears
that I will get to not only see Tom Waits in June, but The Vaselines as
well. Life is grand and so is this show.

Paul Webster
Backroom at Dandelion Radio