[OT] [Altrok] All Day Today: Altrok's Eighties Friday!

hubcity@... hubcity@...
Fri Jun 6 14:28:55 CEST 2008

Here's what you need to know about Altrok's Eighties Friday:

- It's on every Friday

- It's eight hours long (no matter when you happen to tune in - looping playlists'll do that for you.)

- It's filled with the AlternaPostPunkPrePunkNewWaveIndie tracks we thought were interesting twenty-five years ago, and are still interesting now.

(As opposed to the stuff we're too embarrased to admit anyone we knew owned. Not us, though, no siree...)

Every week it's different, and every week it's worth your while.

So tune in...we'll keep it relevant for you.

How relevant? Here's who we're playing today:

-----------------------------------

999

ABC, APB, Adam and the Ants, Age Of Chance, The Alarm, Alphaville

The B-52's, B-Movie, Ballistic Kisses, Bauhaus, The Beastie Boys, Big Country, Blancmange, Blondie, Blue In Heaven, The Bluebells, The Bongos, Bow Wow Wow, David Bowie, The Buggles, Buzzcocks

Cabaret Voltaire, The Chameleons, China Crisis, The Church, The Clash, Lloyd Cole, Combo Audio, The Comsat Angels, Elvis Costello, Crazy 8s, Marshall Crenshaw, Cult Hero, The Cult

The Damned, Depeche Mode, Devo, Dramarama, Ian Dury And The Blockheads

Eat, Echo & The Bunnymen, The English Beat, The Europeans

The Fabulous Poodles

Gang Of Four, The Go Betweens, Go-Gos, The Gun Club

Happy Mondays, Heaven 17, The Hoodoo Gurus, The House Of Love

The Icicle Works, Intaferon, Inxs

Joe Jackson, The Jags, The Jam, Japan, Joy Division

Kid Creole & The Coconuts, Killing Joke, Kraftwerk

Les Rita Mitsouko, Liquid Liquid, The Lords Of The New Church, Lene Lovich

Madness, Magazine, Ministry, Mission Of Burma

New Musik, New Order, Nine Inch Nails, Nitzer Ebb, Gary Numan

OMD, Oingo Boingo

Robert Palmer, Plimsouls, Polecats, Pop Will Eat Itself, Iggy Pop, The Pretenders, Psychedelic Furs, Public Image Ltd.

The Ramones, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Red Rockers, The Replacements

Secession, Seona Dancing, Sex Pistols, Pete Shelley, Simple Minds, Siouxsie And The Banshees, The Sisters Of Mercy, Patti Smith, The Smithereens, The Smiths, Soft Cell, The Sound, Sparks, Squeeze, The Stone Roses, The Stranglers

Talking Heads, Troy Tate, The Teardrop Explodes, Tears For Fears, The The, They Might Be Giants, The Thompson Twins, Tuff Darts, Tv21

U2, Ultravox

Violent Femmes, Visage

Wall of Voodoo, Wreckless Eric

X, XTC